From Our 2012 Archives
Face Washing the Healthy Way
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
MONDAY, Nov. 26 (HealthDay News) -- The way you wash your face affects how healthy it looks, according to an expert.
"It's important for people to treat the face with care," Dr. Thomas Rohrer, a dermatologist in Chestnut Hill, Mass., said in an American Academy of Dermatology news release. "Never scrub the skin or use harsh products, as doing so irritates the skin, which makes skin look worse."
As part of National Healthy Skin Month in November, Rohrer offered the following face-washing tips:
-- Robert Preidt
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
SOURCE: American Academy of Dermatology, news release, Nov. 13, 2012
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions