From Our 2012 Archives
Health Tip: Fuel Your Body for Resistance Training
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
(HealthDay News) -- Eating a proper diet, including enough healthy carbohydrates, can help prepare your body for lifting weights -- or what professionals call resistance training.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends these healthy carbohydrate choices for people focused on resistance training:
You should consume between 2.3 and 3.6 grams of carbohydrates per pound per day, the academy says.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions