From Our 2012 Archives
Health Tip: Is That Sore Throat Strep?
Latest Cold and Flu News
(HealthDay News) -- Strep throat is an infection caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria. Unlike a sore throat triggered by the common cold or air pollution, strep throat requires prompt medical treatment.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says warning signs of this dangerous infection include:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions