From Our 2012 Archives
Fycompa Approved for Epileptic Seizures
MONDAY, Oct. 22 (HealthDay News) -- Fycompa (perampanel) tablets have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat partial onset seizures in people aged 12 and older who have epilepsy.
Latest Medications News
Partial onset seizures are the most common seizures in people with epilepsy, a disorder commonly triggered by overactive nerve cells in the brain. Symptoms may include spasms, unusual behavior and loss of consciousness, the FDA said Monday in a news release.
The drug is produced by Eisai Inc., of Woodcliff Lake, N.J.
-- Scott Roberts
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions