Health Tip: Am I at Risk for Endometriosis?
Latest Womens Health News
(HealthDay News) -- Endometriosis occurs in women when endometrial tissue that lines the uterus grows outside of the uterus. Pelvic pain during menstruation is a common symptom.
The womenshealth.gov website says risk factors for endometriosis include:
- Never having had a child.
- Having a menstrual period of longer than seven days.
- Having a menstrual cycle of fewer than 27 days.
- Having a close family member who has had endometriosis.
- Having a health condition affecting the normal flow of menstrual blood.
- Having had an infection that damaged cells in the pelvis.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.