From Our 2012 Archives
Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Anemia?
Latest Heart News
(HealthDay News) -- Anemia occurs when there's not enough iron in your blood. While the condition can affect people of any age or gender, women of childbearing age are at greater risk, due to blood loss from menstruation.
The U.S. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute says common risk factors for anemia include:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions