From Our 2012 Archives
Health Tip: Crohn's Disease Can Cause Complications
Latest Digestion News
(HealthDay News) -- Crohn's disease causes portions of the digestive tract to swell. This can trigger pain and cause the intestines to empty frequently.
Swelling and scar tissue can trigger dangerous complications, including a blockage in the intestines, the U.S. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse says.
The agency says additional complications of Crohn's could include:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions