Health Tip: Be a Safe Biker
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
(HealthDay News) -- Though biking is great exercise, and can keep you in shape and help you lose weight, you should still take precautions to help prevent injury.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these safety tips for cyclists:
- Protect your eyes from dust, bugs and irritants with a pair of sports glasses.
- Wear bright, reflective clothing to help drivers see you.
- Prevent blisters by using padded gloves.
- Keep comfortable with a pair of padded shorts and a cushioned seat.
- Avoid biking when visibility is poor, or use an appropriate light.
- Stay alert.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.