In your articles about osteoarthritis, you
mention that glucosamine chondroitin has helped to relieve symptoms of pain and
stiffness for some person. Could you tell me what side effects can be
expected from taking that food supplement? Also, could there be any
interaction with Lescol?
Glucosamine and chondroitin is generally very well tolerated. Possible side effects include upset stomach, skin rash, aggravation of pre-existing diabetes, and alteration of the effects of the blood-thinning drug warfarin (coumadin). I am not aware of any possible interaction with Lescol.
Thank you for your question.
Last Editorial Review: 7/31/2002
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions