What is the success rate of diffuse scleroderma
patients treated with methotrexate?
No medications have been found that are accepted or effective in treating scleroderma in all patients. Methotrexate is one of a number of medicines that are used. The effectiveness would only be adequate in a minority of persons. It is most effective when used early in the disease.
Thank you for your question.
Last Editorial Review: 1/31/2003
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions