My family physician says that I
have gout in my back. A few years ago I developed iritis and went to an
out-of-town hospital, where I was diagnosed with AS and Still's. I
returned home, with my family doctor saying that I had gout in my back! I
still am in limbo about what is wrong with me. My symptoms include back
pain, (excruciating), iritis, psoriasis, numbness in joints. Could you
offer any help?
Back pain, iritis, psoriasis, and spondylitis in the same patient are likely related, and are not related to gout.
Thank you for your question.
Last Editorial Review: 2/1/2005
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions