Health Tip: Help Prevent Warts on the Feet
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) --
Plantar warts -- warts that specifically affect the feet -- are caused by viruses and can be quite painful. Children and teens seem to get them more often than adults.
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers this advice for how to prevent warts on the feet:
- Unless you're strolling on a sandy beach, don't walk barefoot.
- Put on a fresh pair of socks each day, and alternate shoes each day.
- Make sure your feet are always dry and clean.
- Inspect your child's feet regularly.
- Do not touch warts on another person or on another part of the body.
- Pay attention to unusual growths on the skin. Seek prompt medical attention if you find any.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.