From Our 2012 Archives
Keeping Your Family Safe From Dog Bites
SATURDAY, May 19 (HealthDay News) -- More than 4.7 million Americans are bitten by dogs each year, and more than half of those victims are younger than age 14, experts say.
During National Dog Bite Prevention Week (May 20 to 26), the American Academy of Pediatrics is joining with the American Veterinary Medical Association and the U.S. Postal Service to educate people about dog safety.
They offer many tips to help parents protect their children from dog bites.
-- Robert Preidt
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
SOURCE: American Academy of Family Pediatrics
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions