Definition of Estrogens
Estrogens: Female hormones produced by the ovaries. Estrogen deficiency can lead to osteoporosis.
Estrogen therapy preparations include:
The brand names of estrogen therapy preparations include:
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
- CLIMARA (estradiol)
- ESTRACE (estradiol)
- ESTRADERM (estradiol)
- ESTRATAB (esterified estrogens)
- ESTRATEST (esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone)
- MENEST (esterified estrogens)
- OGEN (estropipate)
- PREMARIN (estrogens conjugated)
- PREMPHASE (estrogens conjugated and medroxyprogesterone)
- PREMPRO (estrogens conjugated and medroxyprogesterone)
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill finder tool on RxList.