From Our 2012 Archives
Health Tip: What's Causing My Muscle Cramps?
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
(HealthDay News) -- A muscle cramp occurs when a muscle involuntarily tightens and does not release, often leading to intense pain.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says although the exact causes of muscle cramps aren't known, the following conditions are thought to increase your risk:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions