Health Tip: Overcoming Obstacles to Exercise
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
(HealthDay News) -- Life's problems often get in the way of your best intentions when it comes to exercise.
The American Council on Exercise offers these possible solutions to combatting exercise "saboteurs":
- When you're stressed out, schedule time for even a very short workout. Exercise is a great way to fight intense stress, the council says.
- Don't set unrealistic expectations, which can only result in frustration. Set goals that challenge you, but are attainable.
- Avoid overtraining, which can slow your progress. Instead, schedule some down time to help your body rest and recover.
- When something unexpected comes up, adjust your workout plan accordingly, but don't eliminate exercise entirely.
- Pump up and motivate yourself with positive thoughts.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.