From Our 2012 Archives
Health Tip: What Triggers Ingrown Toenails?
Latest MedicineNet News
(HealthDay News) -- An ingrown toenail occurs when a nail grows into the skin on the sides or top of a toe. This painful condition can lead to infection.
The American Podiatric Medical Association says risk factors for ingrown toenails include:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions