Health Tip: Managing Weight Gain
Latest Diet & Weight Management News
(HealthDay News) -- Having plenty of support from friends and family can help you meet your weight-loss goals.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these motivational suggestions to help you lose weight and keep it off:
- Motivate yourself each day by mentally reviewing why you need to lose weight and maintain that loss.
- Seek help and support from friends, family or members of a support group.
- Eat a healthier diet that includes less sugar and fat. Opt instead for foods that are high in fiber and low-calorie.
- Don't skip meals or starve yourself. These methods may actually cause you to binge eat and gain weight.
- Set a maximum tolerable weight, and examine your habits if you approach your threshold.
- Keep a journal of your food intake and exercise habits. Aim for at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise each day.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.