From Our 2012 Archives
Health Tip: Caring for Baby After Circumcision
Latest Healthy Kids News
(HealthDay News) -- Circumcision is a procedure sometimes performed on newborn boys to remove the foreskin of the penis. After the procedure, it's important for new parents to take proper care to prevent infection and speed healing.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists lists these suggestions to help care for your baby after circumcision:
The penis should be healed within about a week to 10 days.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions