From Our 2012 Archives
Health Tip: Diabetics, Take Care of Your Feet
Latest Diabetes News
(HealthDay News) -- Foot ulcers (sores) are common in people with diabetes. Left uncontrolled or untreated, they can lead to amputation. In fact, diabetes is the leading cause of extremity amputation in the United States in cases that don't involve a traumatic injury.
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers these suggestions to help reduce the risk of foot ulcers.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions