Health Tip: Teach Your Toddler Good Behavior
(HealthDay News) -- Toddler tantrums can challenge even the most patient parent, but being firm and consistent can help you discipline your toddler in an effective, loving way.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions for disciplining toddlers:
- Be consistent in pointing out behaviors that you find unacceptable. And remember to set a good example for your children.
- Get rid of temptations that your toddler may not be able to resist. Keep items such as cell phones out of reach, as well as potential choking hazards.
- Distract your toddler when he's eyeing an unacceptable object or behavior.
- Don't hit or spank your child.
- Put your child in timeout when necessary, sticking to one minute per year of the child's age.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.