From Our 2012 Archives
Health Tip: Strained a Hamstring?
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
(HealthDay News) -- Athletes are particularly susceptible to strains or tears of the hamstring, one of three sets of muscles and tendons between the thigh and the knee.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says most hamstring injuries can be healed without surgery. The academy offers these examples of potential non-surgical treatments:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions