Health Tip: Wash Skin Properly
(HealthDay News) -- Good skin care can help keep it healthy, moisturized and acne-free.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions for proper skin care and cleansing:
- Always use water that is lukewarm, not too hot or too cold.
- Wash with a gentle soap or cleanser, making sure to include behind your ears, under the nails and between fingers and toes.
- Wash skin gently using your fingers, not a harsh washcloth or scrub brush.
- Wash your face at least once daily with gentle cleanser.
- Use a moisturizing cream or lotion if your skin feels dry or flaky.
- You probably don't need other skin care products unless your doctor recommends them.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.