From Our 2011 Archives
Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Macular Degeneration?
Latest Eyesight News
(HealthDay News) -- Macular degeneration is a disease of the eye's macula, the portion responsible for your ability to see fine detail. Age-related macular degeneration, a leading cause of vision loss, affects many people as they get older.
The U.S. National Eye Institute lists these risk factors for age-related macular degeneration:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions