HEALTH FACT ARCHIVE
Another Reason To Kick the Habit...Stop Smoking!
Those who indulge in Cigarette Smoking clearly are faced with a higher rate of death than those who refrain.......unfortunately even years after having discontinued such. Men who smoke have a 70 percent higher death rates compared to non-smoking age matched groups. In fact, statistics quoted in recent medical texts show that smoking was the largest single health risk in the US in 1997, accounting for over 430,000 premature deaths each year.
For more, please visit the MedicineNet.com Smoking and Quitting Smoking Center.
Last Editorial Review: 10/23/2002
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions