Definition of Xanth- (prefix)
Xanth- (prefix): A colorful prefix relating to a yellow color. "Xanth-" is related to the word "xanthic" which has its roots in the Greek word "xanthos" which means yellow.
A number of medical terms trace to "xanthos" including, for example:
"Xanth" is more than a prefix. It is a combining term and can be at the front, in the middle, or at the end of a word. For example, in "pseudoxanthoma."
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions