Definition of Lymphocytic leukemia, acute (ALL)
Lymphocytic leukemia, acute (ALL): A rapidly progressing form of leukemia in which there are too many very young (immature) white blood cells called lymphoblasts in the bloodstream and bone marrow.
ALL is spoken not as the word "all", but as the three letters: A.L.L. Acute lymphocytic leukemia is also called acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions