Definition of Laryngeal framework surgery
Laryngeal framework surgery: A surgical technique designed to improve the voice by altering the cartilages of the larynx (the voice box), which houses the vocal folds (the vocal cords) in order to change the position or length of the vocal folds.
Laryngeal framework surgery is also called thyroplasty.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions