Medicare Pays - Get the Most from It!
Senior citizens who want to keep the pink in their cheeks without losing the green in their wallets should check out the free and almost-free preventive-health-care services offered by Medicare.
Many older people have been overlooking these services -- and putting their health and wealth in jeopardy.
Here's a list of what people 65 years of age, some disabled people under 65 years of age, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure treated with dialysis or a transplant) can get with little or no money:
1. One-time "Welcome to Medicare" Physical
This exam will include a thorough review of your health, education and counseling about the preventative services you need like certain screenings and shots, and referrals for other care if you need it.
2. Cardiovascular screening
3. Flu shot
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions