Definition of Microdosimetry
Microdosimetry: A technique for measuring the microscopic distribution of energy, useful with different types of radiation.
Microdosimetry provides the scientific underpinnings for the measurement of radiation. It is vitally important to both radiation therapy and radiation protection.
The prefix "micro-" is derived from the Greek "mikros" meaning small. It diminishes whatever it precedes.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions