Health Tip: Making Healthy Lunch Choices
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
(HealthDay News) -- Many types of standard lunch fare are packed with calories and fat. But there are healthier alternatives that can make for a more nutritious lunch.
The Nemours Foundation suggests these healthier lunch options:
- Turkey and other low-fat deli meats.
- Whole grain bread -- instead of white -- spread with mustard or light mayo.
- Vegetables and dip, air-popped popcorn, and trail mix or baked potato chips, in place of fried potato chips.
- Fresh fruit or packaged fruit in natural juices, instead of syrup.
- Yogurt or a homemade fruit-filled muffin, in place of packaged cakes or cookies.
- Low-fat milk or water, in place of sodas or sugary fruit drinks.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.