Health Tip: Wear a Backpack Properly
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- A heavy backpack can lead to pain and injury when a child doesn't wear it properly.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons suggests how to avoid improper use of a backpack:
- Wear both shoulder straps.
- Make sure both straps are tight.
- Don't overload the backpack, and keep it well-organized.
- Take out items you don't need.
- Work on strengthening back muscles.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.