From Our 2010 Archives
Swine Flu Pandemic Over, WHO Declares
Latest Cold and Flu News
But H1N1 Flu Bug Still Here, Becoming Seasonal Virus
Daniel J. DeNoon
Reviewed By Laura J. Martin, MD
Aug. 10, 2010 -- The H1N1 swine flu pandemic is over, the World Health Organization declared today.
The world has now entered the "post-pandemic period" in which the H1N1 virus has begun acting like -- and circulating with -- other flu bugs.
"The new H1N1 virus has largely run its course," WHO Director-General Margaret Chan, MD, said at a news teleconference. Her decision follows the advice of the WHO's Emergency Committee, which met this morning.
The Latest on
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions