Health Tip: Start Migraine Care Immediately
(HealthDay News) -- Migraines are severe headaches that may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting and a sensitivity to light and sound.
The National Women's Health Information Center offers these suggestions for what to do as soon as migraine symptoms begin:
- Promptly take migraine medication that your doctor has prescribed.
- Drink plenty of fluids, as long as you don't feel nauseated.
- Lie down and relax in a room that's quiet and dark.
- Drape a cool cloth across your forehead.
- Gently massage the area of your head that's painful.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.