From Our 2010 Archives
Health Tip: Risk Factors for Shin Splints
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
(HealthDay News) -- When you have pain or tenderness near the large bone in your lower leg, shin splints may be to blame.
Shin splints commonly develop after a rapid increase in physical activity or as a result of repetitive motion.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says risk factors for shin splints include:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions