From Our 2010 Archives
Generic Effexor XR Approved
Latest Depression News
TUESDAY, June 29 (HealthDay News) -- The first generic version of Effexor extended release capsules (venlafaxine hydrochloride) to treat major depressive disorder has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Prescribing information for the generic version of Effexor XR may differ from that of the brand name drug because of various patents held by the brand name drug's maker, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, the FDA said in a news release. But the same safety warnings will apply.
The generic version will be manufactured by Teva Pharmaceuticals, based in Wales, Penn.
-- Scott Roberts
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions