From Our 2010 Archives

Health Tip: Mold Can Be a Health Risk

(HealthDay News) -- While all types of mold found indoors aren't harmful, touching or inhaling some forms of mold may affect your health and shouldn't be ignored.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says indoor mold has the potential to cause:

  • An asthma attack in allergic people.
  • Frequent sneezing and runny nose.
  • Red and irritated eyes.
  • Skin rash.
  • Irritation of the throat, nose and lungs.

-- Diana Kohnle

MedicalNewsCopyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.





STAY INFORMED

Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!