From Our 2010 Archives
Health Tip: Understanding Fifth Disease
Latest Infectious Disease News
(HealthDay News) -- Fifth disease is a viral illness that primarily affects young children who attend school.
Caused by the human parvovirus B19, it's generally a mild illness but it can be extremely harmful to a fetus if a pregnant woman becomes ill with the disease.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine lists these common symptoms of fifth disease:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions