From Our 2010 Archives
Health Tip: Understanding PCOS
Latest Womens Health News
(HealthDay News) -- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) occurs when a woman produces male hormones called androgens in excess.
Medication and lifestyle changes including regular exercise and weight loss can help alleviate symptoms of PCOS. Long-term care can help prevent potential complications, including endometrial cancer, diabetes or heart disease.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions