Definition of Histiocytosis, malignant
Histiocytosis, malignant: A term sometimes used to refer to a group of tumors including monocyte-related leukemias (for example, acute monocytic leukemia, acute myelomonocytic leukemia), extramedullary monocytic tumor, and histiocytic sarcoma. Treatment is by radiation and chemotherapy, and in some cases bone-marrow transplantation.
See also histiocytosis.
Last Editorial Review: 10/3/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions