Definition of Heparin, low-weight
Heparin, low-weight: A newer form of the drug heparin (brand name: Lovenox, Fragmin) that has a lower molecular weight than normal heparin. Fewer blood tests are needed, and it may be . superior to regular (unfractionated) heparin in cases of unstable angina and other cardiac diseases.
See also heparin.
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions