Health Tip: Risk Factors for Postpartum Depression
(HealthDay News) -- Postpartum depression is a mental illness that affects women after pregnancy.
The National Women's Health Information Center offers this list of risk factors for postpartum depression:
- Having a personal or family history of depression or another mental illness.
- Having insufficient support from friends and family.
- Feeling negative or anxious about pregnancy.
- Having problems in a relationship, or financial difficulties.
- Dealing with stressful life events.
- Being young during pregnancy.
- Having a substance abuse problem.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.