Health Tip: Have Clean Air at Home
(HealthDay News) -- Polluted air inside the home can aggravate asthma and allergy symptoms.
The American Lung Association offers these suggestions to help keep the air clean at home:
- Don't allow smoking in the home.
- Have your home tested for radon gas.
- Make sure your home's humidity level is below 50%. Install a dehumidifier if humidity levels are too high.
- To prevent attracting mold, make sure no plumbing is dripping or leaking.
- Keep trash covered and food securely stored to ward off pests.
- Avoid using candles or sprays to hide odors.
- Avoid using household products that contain toxic chemicals.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.