From Our 2010 Archives
Health Tip: Who's a Candidate for Gastric Bypass Surgery?
(HealthDay News) -- Gastric bypass surgery, sometimes recommended for obese people, involves re-routing the path that food takes, including shrinking the size of the stomach. But the procedure has a number of risks, including the possibility of post-surgical infection, blood clots or developing gallstones.
Latest Diet & Weight Management News
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says the following people may be candidates for gastric bypass surgery:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions