From Our 2010 Archives
Health Tip: At Risk for Carotid Artery Disease?
Latest Heart News
(HealthDay News) -- Carotid arteries carry blood to the brain, but they can become narrowed or clogged when sticky substances known as plaque build up in these vessels.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says risk factors for carotid artery disease include:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions