Our Sleep Main Article provides a comprehensive look at the who, what, when and how of Sleep
Definition of Sleep disorders
Sleep disorders: Any disorder that affects, disrupts, or involves sleep. The most common sleep disorder is probably snoring, although it is usually not medically significant. Insomnia, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and sleepwalking are also sleep disorders. Most large medical centers have diagnostic and treatment facilities dedicated to sleep disorders.
See also sleep apnea, sleepwalking, snoring.
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions