Definition of Xeromammography
Xeromammography: Xeroradiography of the breast. Xeroradiography is a photoelectric method of recording an x-ray image on a coated metal plate, using low-energy photon beams, long exposure time and dry chemical developers.
The prefix xero- comes from the Greek "xeros" meaning "dry."
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions