Nutrition: Turkey and Other Poultry Products
Following is a breakdown of the fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, calories from fat, sodium, and total calories in turkey and other poultry products.
* Total fat = saturated fat plus monounsaturated fat plus polyunsaturated fat.
** Percent calories from fat = (total fat calories/total calories) X 100
Total fat calories = total fat in grams X 9
Each gram of fat = 9 calories
oz. = ounces
N/A = not available
Sources: Composition of Foods: Poultry Products -- Raw, Processed, Prepared -- Agricultural Handbook 8-15. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Human Nutrition Information Service. August 1979, 1991 supplement.
Living Heart Brand Food Shopper's Guide. Michael E. DeBakey, Antonio M. Gotto, Jr., Lynne W. Scott, John P. Foreyt. Master Media Limited. New York, 1992.
Individual manufacturers for items not available from USDA.
Last Editorial Review: 5/20/2003
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions