From Our 2010 Archives
Health Tip: Caring for Your Braces
Latest Oral Health News
(HealthDay News) -- While people who have braces don't have to switch to a special diet, there are foods that can cause problems and should be avoided, the Nemours Foundation says.
If you have braces, you should avoid popcorn, gum, hard or sticky candy, and beverages that are too sugary, such as some sodas and juices.
The Foundation offers these additional suggestions to care for your braces:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions