Viewer Question:Can allergy to milk stimulate rheumatoid arthritis?
Doctor's Response:There were 2 whole (not skim!) cases reported in the New England Journal of Medicine in the early 80's from Florida. In these patients, the joint inflammation coincided with milk intake. Whether or not milk allergy caused the flare up has never been satisfactorily proven. I am unaware of any follow up cases or studies.
Thank you for your question.
Last Editorial Review: 1/20/2003
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions